Our retained client is the largest division in a Global, sector leading Private Equity backed Group which operates in a fast growing Global market segment. The business continues to grow organically and by international acquisitions.
The culture of the business is entrepreneurial – it is open, collaborative, embraces change, works at pace and is driven to solve complex problems and challenges in unique and innovative ways. It offers a stimulating and challenging environment for those looking to join a successful business that recognises and rewards outstanding contribution.
The Group’s largest division (c£300m turnover) requires an experienced FP&A lead, who will have a remit to drive change and business improvement.
Working closely with Divisional Business Units and Divisional Senior Management the role’s purpose is to deliver both insight and budgeting & forecasting to the Group’s Board and Investors and to drive improvements in reporting quality, efficiency and insight.
Reporting to the Finance Director key responsibilities include:-
- Own the core FP&A monthly/quarterly reporting processes working closely with the Business Unit Finance leads, the Divisional Finance Director and Managing Director to ensure delivery of accurate and insightful reporting to the Group Board, CFO and other senior stakeholders in a timely, efficient and effective manner;
- Drive improvement of the FP&A data analytics, reporting solutions, financial models and processes that support strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and actuals performance management;
- Provide ad-hoc project support to priority Divisional and Group FP&A initiatives (M&A, fund raising, systems development, scenario modelling, cash flow modelling);
The ideal applicant will be a top grade, experienced FP&A lead who thrives working in a hands on, fast paced, dynamic working environment. You will be confident with financial modelling and systems, have good attention to detail and enjoy finding pragmatic solutions, process efficiencies and new insights which can add value to an organisation
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills:
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACMA / ACCA) possessing strong reporting and analytical skills;
- Personable, excellent communicator, with a strong commitment to team outcomes;
- Confident in advanced MS Excel techniques. Experience of working with Tableau (desirable);
- Culturally sensitive and used to operating in a multi-national business - experience of working in a multi-location/entity/currency environment is desirable;
- Quick to get up to speed, able to evidence strong problem solving skills;
- Able to operate effectively in a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment.
A key commercially focused role with one of the UK’s leading privately owned businesses at a critical stage of its development.