Our client is a global group of technology businesses, one of the fastest growing privately owned tech businesses, global leaders in acquiring and developing niche technology businesses.
The business has for many years been successfully executing a strategy to acquire, build and grow technology businesses which have dominant positions in their niche vertical markets and which possess certain key characteristics.
The business currently comprises in excess of 30 acquired businesses across North and South America, Europe and Australasia.
A talented M&A Director is now required to support the business’s further expansion throughout Europe.
The role is fully remote.
Reporting to the UK & European M&A Director, you will lead multiple acquisitions per year from start, through due diligence, to closing, with the support of the Group’s executive team and advisors. You will also be responsible for key operational improvements post-acquisition. As a front-line leader on the M&A team, you will meet with business owners to evaluate alignment with the Group’s acquisition criteria and to determine prospective company valuations.
Key responsibilities encompass:
- Meet with software owners and share the Group’s value proposition of being the best permanent home for their business.
- Lead 5+ acquisition processes per year from origination to closing, collaborating with business owners on key issues and roadblocks along the way to successful closings.
- Analyze financial data and prepare financial valuation models.
- Lead diligence efforts to surface key risks and opportunities in target businesses.
- Effectively manage outside vendors as needed (tech, commercial, accounting, legal).
- Negotiation of key legal and other commercial agreements (SPA, working capital mechanisms etc)
- Manage post-acquisition integration, implementing the Group’s best practices and capitalising on the opportunities surfaced during diligence.
- Nurture business broker and banker relationships to aid in business development efforts.
- ACA / CFA qualified, ideally with a Big Four accounting firm – with a strong understanding of / capability to directly manage financial diligence processes
- 5-10 years in corporate development / in-house M&A, preferably working with technology companies or in an acquisition-focused consolidator.
- Other relevant experience will be considered, such as operating experience as a leader within a growing software company, experience with recurring revenue business models at a top-tier consulting firm, or those with an investment banking background.
- Proven ability to negotiate legal agreements and other commercial principles (SPA, working capital mechanisms etc)
- Ability to quickly evaluate key risks and opportunities in a business.
- Ability to negotiate and execute acquisitions with business owners/executives.
- Financial literacy and ability to build presentations for executive team/board-level audiences.
This is an outstanding career opportunity to be a key contributor in a rapidly growing European M&A function which has grown from just 1 employee to 15 over the past 12 months.
The Group is committed to the career development of its team members and as such, your leadership role in numerous acquisitions will allow for further growth opportunities as an operating executive at one of the Group’s businesses.