Our client is an award winning £18m turnover highly profitable and ungeared brand-led food manufacturing business, reaching its markets through a successful multi-channel strategy. Privately owned and with many years of 20% compound annual growth behind it this well run business exports a significant proportion of its turnover to c20 countries and has recently invested in a doubling of manufacturing capacity as it expands into new complementary product categories.
The business requires a Finance Director who possesses excellent commercial acumen as well as a solid grasp of governance and control matters. The successful candidate will work as a close partner to the business, supporting its continuing profitable expansion.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is broad, contributing to the ongoing evolution of the business, driving commercial and working capital performance, and having responsibility for ensuring a regime of robust governance and financial control.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Strategic/Commercial: Providing commercially focused support to the Board in both delivering on its goals and developing the long range business strategy; Support the Board in commercial negotiations through provision of astute financial analysis and input where required;
- Leadership: Providing leadership and mentorship in all aspects of the financial management of the business;
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure robust financial management and compliance and prompt accurate financial reporting across the business;
- Risk management: Ensure that key business risks are identified and mitigated;
- Working Capital management: Maintain routines which enable rigorous control over cashflow, stock management and working capital;
- Tax and Treasury: Develop understanding of tax and treasury issues to optimise tax matters for the business in conjunction with external tax advisors; Manage and mitigate foreign exchange risks and exposures.
- A qualified accountant with sound commercial acumen and experience in leading the financial management of a manufacturing / trading business;
- Ideally with experience in an entrepreneurially run, privately owned business;
- A hands on, analytical, emotionally intelligent character with excellent communication skills who uses these skills to build effective and productive working relationships and to drive change and ongoing business improvement;
- Experience in a business with overseas interests and trading in multiple currencies would be advantageous (though not essential).
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a critical role in supporting the controlled growth of this award winning branded business.