Our client is a highly profitable, multi-site B2B equipment hire group with current turnover c£10m and many consecutive years of growth in both profits and turnover. The business is driving a phase of strategic growth which will take the business to the next level in scale through expanding the number of operating locations and potential selected acquisitions.
A hands on Finance Director is now required to partner the Managing Director (Founder) and leadership team, ensuring that the business’s expansion is both controlled and in line with planned profit margins.
This is a broad and hands-on role ranging across all aspects of the business’s financial management - from strategic planning and financing of expansion to financial control, working capital management and management of the finance team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, key aspects of the role include the following:
- Strategic: Provide input to the Board / Leadership Team in shaping business strategy; appraising potential new sites and "right-sizing" the asset portfolio.
- Financial Control and Reporting: Ensure that the business is excellently financially managed in a proactive and controlled manner, supported by robust processes and controls, insightful management information and IT systems fit for the current and planned scale of the business.
- Commercial / Business Partnering: Business planning, forecasting and working capital management; Work closely with Operations Managers, developing their financial and commercial awareness, gaining buy-in to performance improvement measures. Identify areas where cost savings and efficiency improvements can be made; financial appraisal of potential additions to the asset portfolio;
- Management: Lead the finance team (4 staff), ensuring that they possess the skills to manage, to a high standard of excellence, the finances of the business of the current and planned size of the Company;
- Financing: Develop close working relationships with the company’s bankers and providers of asset backed finance, ensuring that the business is proactive in its management of its ongoing financing requirements.
- A commercially astute qualified accountant, ideally trained in a large accountancy firm. Experience in leading the financial management of an entrepreneurially run, privately owned business would be advantageous;
- A hands on, confident, professional and emotionally intelligent character with strong analytical skills who works to high personal standards of care and gets things done; ability to see the ‘big picture’, think outside the box, and pay attention to fine detail;
- Excellent communicator and builder of effective and productive working relationships to drive change and ongoing business improvement;
- Experienced in managing banking relationships and negotiating external financing arrangements.
Great opportunity to join the leadership of a business with real momentum in its growth.