Our client is a high growth SME, part of a large construction and property development group.
The business has developed an innovative new manufactured construction product which is gaining broad adoption across the construction industry. With new joint venture partnerships the business is scaling up rapidly with huge growth forecast over the next few years.
A Finance Manager is now required to build a best-in-class financial management system in the context of a growing SME business.
Working closely with the Finance Director, the role takes responsibility for the accounting for the business unit as well as supporting business decisions through effective analysis and management reporting. As this is a small business, the successful candidate will also get the opportunity to work as part of a lean structure and gain exposure to non-financial activity as and when the business requires.
Key responsibilities include:-
- financial and management reporting
- Prepare and analyse accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Taking ownership for managing and monitoring budgets, working with key stakeholders to create accurate forecasting and WIP reports.
- Oversee payroll
- Graduate, ACA/ACCA/CIMA fully qualified accountant
- Experience of managing working capital and consolidations
- 2-3 years post qualification experience gained in an SME business
- Must have experience of stock
- hands-on approach with the ability to work well in a small team
This is an exciting opportunity to become deeply involved in a growing SME from an early stage of its development.