Our client is a small cap listed technology business. Following a change of management the business is embarking on an exciting new strategy which involves building a business of scale, operating at the leading edge of the latest developments in AI and Technology Services. There will likely be a program of strategic acquisitions.
The business requires a hands on CFO who will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team in delivering on Group strategy.
The Board is particularly interested in talented, driven and commercially astute individuals who may be making a step up to their first CFO role.
This will be a career defining role for the individual, joining at the start of a transformation in both scale and operations of the business, supporting the strategy of a Chairman / CEO with a proven successful track record of delivering significant increases in shareholder value.
Prior experience in a listed business is not essential but experience in a business with professional external investors (eg Private Equity, institutional investors or HNW) is required.
Reporting to the Board the role provides astute financial management, support and chllenge to the business as it scales up. Key themes include:
- Ensure that the business is excellently financially managed in a proactive and controlled manner, supported by appropriate IT systems and business processes
- Provide appropriate support and challenge to the Board / CEO
- Ensure that key business risks are identified and mitigated
- Robustly evaluate commercial opportunities available to the business
The strategy will entail the execution of an acquisition program so experience in M&A, both pre- and post- acquisition (including integration) would be advantageous.
The following profile and experience will be relevant:
- Commercially astute qualified accountant who is naturally hands on and detail oriented
- Experience of implementing fit for purpose financial management infrastructure (systems, processes, controls, reporting, insight, team) in a high growth environment
- Confident communicator with excellent presentational and relationship building skills; able to negotiate, persuade, influence and challenge
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Experience of driving change and managing people through periods of change
- Experience in a business with professional external investors (eg Private Equity, Institutions or HNW)
- Experience of corporate transactions, negotiations and integration is advantageous