Our client is a fascinating rapidly growing Private Equity backed technology based services business with an impressive blue chip client base.
Following a recent Private Equity investment, the business is embarking on a Buy and Build growth strategy aimed at expanding both the range and depth of its service offering.
With a program of transformative acquisitions planned over the next 3 years, followed by a corporate transaction (likely to another PE House), the business is seeking a commercially aware Head of Finance to take responsibility for the day-to-day running of Finance and to help the business to achieve its performance objectives.
The business has a highly flexible working culture including WFH up to 4 days/week.
The Head of Finance is a key member of the Operating Board. Through incisive commercial acumen and strong leadership skills, the Head of Finance will develop the Finance function into an efficient business partnering service, spreading a culture of commercial awareness throughout both Finance and Operational / Client-facing functions.
Reporting to the CFO, key responsibilities encompass:
- Management: Leading and developing the finance team (likely to grow as the business expands);
- Reporting: Development of insightful MI pack and Board report comprising both financial and operational KPIs;
- Processes and Systems: Development / improvement of processes, controls, systems;
- FP&A: Budgeting, forecasting, ensuring cost base is commensurate with planned business performance;
- Business Partnering: Commercial partnering across the business on effective working capital and cashflow management. Key partner to Senior Leadership Team in commercial and strategic decision making;
- Ad hoc projects: including acquisitions;
- Stakeholder Management: Primary contact for auditors and key relationship with banking partners.
- ACA/ACCA qualified, ideally trained in audit at an accountancy practice with at least 2 years’ experience in industry after leaving practice;
- Strong excel and forecasting/modelling skills are essential. Experience with Power BI would be useful;
- Strong technical understanding of current reporting standards;
- Outstanding leadership, communication and presentational skills;
- Keen to develop into a Finance Director.
This is a broad, value-adding role in a highly rated PE backed growth business. During the course of the next 3 years, you will lead the transformation of Finance into a commercially valued business partnering function, and be involved in a program of acquisitions and an exit transaction; all of which is ideal experience for building a platform from which to step up to a Finance Director role in due course.