MDM Resourcing are working with Manchester United Football Club to recruit a Tax Assistant Manager.
This is a rare opportunity to gain practical experience of working across a variety of taxes in a most fascinating international football business which is also a US Listed Group.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, the role’s purpose is to assist with providing tax services to all relevant areas of the business.
The role’s responsibilities are broad, encompassing the following, but note that experience in UK/EU VAT is a “must have”:-
- VAT – preparation of quarterly returns, preparation of ad hoc claims and opportunities;
- UK Tax Compliance – assist with management of UK compliance process, production of UK tax comps and preparation of capital allowances analysis;
- Tax Accounting – Preparation of monthly/quarterly/year end group IFRS tax disclosures, regular review of group forecasts for accounting and tax planning purposes;
- Transfer Pricing;
- US Tax Compliance;
- Other – a variety of other aspects of tax management requirements both international and UK including filing overseas tour tax returns.
A detailed job specification is available on request.
- ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified/part qualified or other qualification with experience in practice within a tax role.
- Highly organised individual.
- Work experience and previous exposure to both Tax & financial accounting/reporting.
- Must possess knowledge and experience of UK/EU VAT law and compliance processes
- Ideally, but not compulsory, a basic knowledge of book to UK tax adjustments and capital allowances, etc.
- Strong communicator given likely to be liaising with both US and UK tax professionals.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work as and when required in peak periods, to ensure deadlines are met.
- High levels of attention to detail but can also look at the ‘bigger picture’ and sense check from a high level.