Our client is one of the leading premiership football clubs in the North West, one of the world’s highest profile brands.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a first or second mover (ACA or ACCA) from one of the top 7 accountancy firms to join the business in the role of Senior Management Accountant.
Working within the Group Reporting team it will be your responsibility to produce the Group’s Management accounts and various Board packs, ensuring accuracy of the content and demonstrating a strong understanding of the numbers and key drivers along with Board level commentary;
You will look to drive improvements to the Group’s internal reporting processes and continue to enhance the quality of financial information being produced. A key part of the role will involve ensuring consistency of information across the board, as well as dealing with requests from both internal and external parties e.g. Chief Financial Officer and Auditors.
Reporting to the Group Reporting Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Production of the Group’s Management accounts and various Board packs, ensuring accuracy of the content;
- Driving improvements in the quality and consistency of financial information produced whilst ensuring all internal/external reporting deadlines are met;
- Communicate effectively with the Commercial Finance team to ensure Management accounts are accurate and reflect budget holder expectations;
- Involvement in Commercial contract revenue recognition.
- Provide support to the Group treasury function, working closely with the FP&A and Financial Operations teams in monitoring and minimising foreign currency exposure. Includes analysis and understanding of group fx movements and impact of exposure with the Group’s hedging activities;
- Involvement in external quarterly reporting processes from a Commercial revenue perspective
- Assist with year-end and quarterly interim processes, including production of various schedules, providing assistance with audit queries, as well as internal requests from the Group’s Investor Relations team;
- Ensure adherence to relevant SOx related controls and processes;
- Involvement in hedge accounting and share based payment accounting.
This is a terrific role for a first or second time mover from a large practice where you will be afforded the broad exposure of experience and unique opportunity only possible within an elite football club and a global brand.