Our client is one of the fastest growing privately owned software groups in North America. The business has a hugely impressive track record of growth through acquisition with a portfolio of in excess of 25 different software businesses around the globe and active ongoing plans for further businesses to be acquired.
A Portfolio Head of Finance is required whose key purpose is to drive performance and value in the UK and Europe based operating businesses.
Reporting to the CFO, key responsibilities include:-
- Lead the finance function for a portfolio of businesses, contributing to accounting, reporting, treasury and banking requirements for the portfolio as a whole;
- Provide support and input to the European operating companies in a variety of areas, including the preparation of financial statements, board reporting, budgets, and KPIs, with the objective of adding value and enhancing the businesses’ performance through provision of shrewd commercial insight and data to support smart decision making;
- Lead the operational / financial integration of acquisitions and implement financial initiatives identified during the M&A process
- Lead operating company finance teams through high-impact financial-related projects that drive efficiency and best-practice
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to promote best practices and efficiency across the portfolio
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the business as requested
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACMA/ACCA) with experience in a finance/accounting role;
- Brings technical accounting skills combined with sound commercial / business acumen and an understanding of how to quickly identify and build data around the key drivers of performance and value;
- Proven ability to lead teams, implement change, and drive process improvement;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to converse with business executives;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Highly motivated and energetic with interest in entrepreneurship, software, and finance.