Our client is a leading Private Equity Fund specialising in providing growth finance to expanding mid-market businesses. The Fund has backed more than 300 businesses over the last 10 years and as such is one of the most active Private Equity funds in the mid-market category.
A Regional Portfolio Finance Manager is now required to support the Regional Investment Teams and the Head of Portfolio Finance by owning the production and development of regional portfolio reporting and insight.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Finance, the role is a mix of providing commercial insight to the investment teams on the investment performance of the portfolio (in terms of valuation) and delivering robust processes and controls to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all aspects of the periodic investment portfolio valuation reports. Key responsibilities encompass the following:-
- Portfolio Reporting: Own the monthly portfolio reporting dashboards for all investments, ensuring accuracy of data and adherence to financial controls.
- Decision Support: Support sound commercial making through provision of relevant portfolio reporting to the investment teams and developing an in depth understanding of the portfolio and any performance issues.
- Valuation Reporting: Delivery and presentation of half-yearly overall regional valuation performance, presented to Valuation Committee, Auditors and Investors.
- Portfolio Finance Review: Lead the review of the estimated investment outcomes across each portfolio company, gaining a full understanding of the mechanics of the report and own all investor queries in relation to forecast cashflows.
- Commercial understanding: Build a strong understanding of the investment portfolio through Ownership and knowledge of monthly dashboards, Monthly portfolio review discussions, Building relationships with Investors, Half yearly valuation discussions, Liaising with Core Finance on the structure of deals, Reviewing Investment Committee papers.
- Annual Audit: Working alongside the Regional Portfolio Manager to support a smooth and problem free audit process, delivered within deadline.
- ACA / ACCA / ACMA qualified accountant with sound commercial acumen and solid experience of developing processes, systems and controls;
- Able to quickly understand the methodology and models for valuation of portfolio investments;
- Must have strong IT skills including advanced Excel as well as being an adept user of accounting systems software;
- An individual who combines excellent communication and presentational skills with the ability to quickly build productive relationships.
This is a rare and fascinating career opportunity to play a key role in the financial management of a leading Private Equity House.