Our client is City Football Group, owner of Manchester City FC and a number of other football clubs around the world.
If you follow premiership football or would like to work in the sports sector, this is a unique and inspiring career opportunity for you; a role which is a mix of management accounting and commercial business partnering.
Based at the world class facilities of the Etihad Campus the Management Accountant’s purpose is to provide comprehensive financial and business support to several divisions within the City Football Group. The role works with department heads and the management team to assist in financial decision making to inform business strategy and strives for continuous improvement of the management accounts pack to ensure it delivers the information required for decision making across the business.
The role is a mix of management accounting and commercial business partnering.
Working with multiple Heads of Departments and Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager responsibilities include:-
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for Corporate Services and Facilities together with commentaries and supporting analysis;
- Preparation and support to Budgeting & Forecasting for the relevant areas of the business;
- Financial Modelling of relevant categories where necessary to help support decision making;
- Cost control of expenditure against approved budgets;
- Analysis and recommendation of any operational efficiencies and potential cost savings.
The successful candidate will possess the following:-
- Commercially astute ACA, ACMA or ACCA qualified with excellent analytical skills;
- Understanding of accounting standards and legislation;
- Commercial awareness with an interest in business and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources;
- Able to prepare Financial Models - a highly competent user of Microsoft Excel;
- combines excellent communication and relationship building skills with which to influence and challenge at all levels.
Commercial awareness and the ability to work with both Finance and non-Finance staff are integral in this role.
City Football Group offers excellent scope for career progression within its large and developing finance team.
If this role is not for you but you know someone else who would love this role, we would be grateful if you could share it with them.