Our client is a highly acquisitive Private Equity backed technology business, one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK. Having made in excess of 30 acquisitions over the last 3 years the business is looking to accelerate its buy and build strategy further.
Due to this rapid expansion, this newly created role reports to the M&A Director, supporting the deal appraisal and execution. This is a key role for delivering the client’s ambitious growth plans and offers plenty of scope for development and growth.
This is an opportunity to be a vital part of the success of a business that is scaling up at pace and which is known for progressing and rewarding talent. Equity participation will ensure that the selected candidate benefits substantially from the exit that will follow in due course.
The company offers flexible working with every other Friday off!
Reporting to the Finance Director, key responsibilities include:
- Manage a small team of M&A Finance Analysts, providing, as required, assistance, guidance and review throughout the preparation of financial databooks on each acquisition target.
- Assess and calculate (with detailed workings) the run rate P&L of the acquisition target, with a key focus on recurring revenue, recurring gross profit and EBITDA. Flag any variances in the run rate to the assumptions used in the deal valuation to the M&A Finance Director.
- Support in the day-to-day management of the acquisition process, working heavily alongside our financial and tax due diligence providers. Inhouse financial due diligence may also be required as part of your role on occasion.
- Review Financial and Tax Due Diligence report and flag any areas of concern to the M&A Finance Director so these can be addressed accordingly.
- Prepare a detailed schedule of the synergies to be delivered on each acquisition and track and report the actual synergies delivered.
- Support with the preparation of the investment rationale paper (and supporting financial model) to be submitted for Board approval.
- Support with arranging funding for the deal and preparing drawdown requests.
- Work with our legal advisers to provide input into the SPA for accounting policies that will govern the completion accounts.
- Prepare proforma completion accounts, identifying the target net current asset value, and work with our legal advisers to provide input into the SPA on the accounting policies for the completion accounts.
- Work alongside other individuals within the M&A team as required during the acquisition process.
- Ad hoc tasks related to the financial appraisal /due diligence of the target company and any other workstream required to keep the acquisition on track.
- Transfer knowledge and data gained through the pre-deal phase to the integration team.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years PQE
- Worked previously in M&A e.g. in an in-house M&A team in industry or in Corporate Finance Advisory or Transaction Services
- Strong excel, financial modelling and financial analysis skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, highly acquisitive environment
- Comfortable project managing/coordinating multiple workstreams and outputs
- Strong communicator and able to articulate the messaging from the analysis and report back to senior business leaders
- Strong team player