Our client is a multi-generational family owned business focused on long term value creation as well as being highly values orientated.
It owns businesses in the 3 distinct markets, which it is growing through organic and inorganic strategies as well as looking at new markets to enter.
This Group role will report into the Group Senior Leadership Team and will be focused on value creation through a hybrid portfolio and investment focus. It will include the following responsibilities:
- Involvement in shaping future strategy for the Group with the Senior Leadership Team – preparing the Strategy Day and Operating Plans for the Board.
- Manage inbound or outbound M&A activity;
- Involvement in acquisition process through from identification, engagement with the target company’s management team, transaction modelling and due diligence to negotiation, execution and completion with scope to lead projects;
- Play a key role in the post-acquisition integration to ensure planned synergies are realised and risks identified are mitigated, involving other members of the company as required;
- Support the Senior Leadership Team in observing the subsidiary boards – analyse and monitor market and competitor activity, challenge subsidiary business strategy, track subsidiary financial performance and delivery of strategic milestones, recommending development and investment activity and involvement/leading on ad hoc projects;
- Assist with maintaining group wide executive incentivisation design and implementation;
The ideal candidate will likely be a qualified accountant and have gained experience in a Corporate Finance team in a leading accountancy firm or boutique, or is currently in an in-house M&A / Corporate Development role in industry. You will have strong modelling, valuations and project management skills as well as the ability to interact / communicate effectively with all levels including the Board; and be commercially minded.
The role will develop with the continued growth of the Group, with huge scope for personal development and promotion.