Interim to Permanent Finance Director required for a £30m turnover business services Group based in Liverpool. A division of a larger Group, the business has a strong niche market but is in need of a commercial review of its operations and substantial improvement to the rigour of its financial control and the insight provided by its management information.
During the interim period (6 months) the following responsibilities are a priority:-
- Carry out an in depth commercial review of the business connecting profitability with an understanding of the risks face by the business;
- Develop business plans to upgrade profitability in the light of the commercial/risk review;
- Substantially upgrade the governance, control and cash management;
- Design and implement a robust environment of financial control;
- Take close control of cash management from day one and bring all aspects of working capital management up to scratch.
- Commercially astute qualified accountant who works to high personal standards and takes ownership;
- Happy to be hands on and in the detail as well as operating strategically;
- Experience in working in a small/medium sized business;
- Experience of working to the standards required by professional external investors / lenders or under private equity ownership would be advantageous;
- Strong communicator with excellent leadership qualities.
The ongoing requirement is for a permanent Finance Director so there is a high likelihood that the role will become permanent once the priority improvements have been effected.