Our client is an exceptional high growth privately owned SME which is working towards a substantial corporate transaction in the next 18 months. Providing B2B services, the business’s finance function requires an overhaul and upgrade to ensure that its systems, processes, controls and management information are fit for the current and planned scale of the business and, importantly, also to ensure that the finance function is “exit ready” and fit to undergo a full due diligence process. The role will be for an initial 18 months fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Board, key deliverables are as follows:-
- Carry out a comprehensive review of the current finance function, finance systems, controls, processes and management information, identifying improvement areas required to support the current and planned scale of the business;
- Prepare and implement an improvement plan which may include a system implementation if required; deliver an environment of rigorous financial control and effective business processes; develop an insightful management information pack;
- Provide leadership, motivation and coaching to the existing finance team and ensure that the team comprises individuals with the necessary capabilities to deliver a high quality finance service to the business;
- Work with the board and corporate finance advisors in preparing medium term business plans;
- Lead all aspects of the day-to-day management of the finance function;
- The business is acquisitive and may make a number of individually small acquisitions during the coming 18 months. Lead the acquisition and integration process;
- Work with corporate finance and tax advisors to deliver the full exit process through to completion.
- Experienced and commercially astute Finance Director / CFO – a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) - with proven experience of supporting at least one business through a full and successful sale process;
- Able to quickly identify key drivers of profitability and cash and to design relevant and insightful management information to support commercial and strategic decision making;
- Experience of acquisitions;
- Happy to be hands on and in the detail and with the breadth of experience necessary to handle all aspects of developing the financial management of the business to the standard required;
- An excellent leader of people with the communication and relationship building skills to work with people at all levels.
This role will work remotely for 2 or 3 days each week, on site for the other days.
Owing to anticipated high volumes of applications we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates