Our client is one of the UK’s leading infrastructure and regeneration businesses, an ambitious and inspirational innovator with a decades-long track record of delivering some of the most transformational schemes in the UK. Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Shared Services to join their finance team. The role will report to the Head of Finance and is responsible for developing and leading a Shared Services delivery model overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control and project accounting activities, putting best practice governance, process and standardisation in place. This is a newly created role in a fast-paced and changing environment. The role will involve:
• Establish a culture of service excellence, quality and continuous improvement
• Responsibility for the efficient, accurate and timely processing, recording and accounting of all financial transactions, including the production of routine month-end reports and management accounts ensuring compliance with applicable accounting, tax, legislative and other regulatory standards
• Develop and embed well-controlled, seamless end-to-end processes, with clearly defined process ownership.
• Influencing and managing key stakeholders’ expectations across the organisation. Ensuring relationships are maintained in line with expectations and best practise
• Management of a multi-disciplinary team across all finance services with direct reports
• Own the review of key Finance operational controls on a monthly basis
• Maintain metrics and KPIs that drive a continuous improvement culture and accountability and demonstrate value to stakeholders
The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives on challenge and thinking outside the box. You will be a qualified accountant with considerable experience of shared services, and an extensive experience in financial operation controls, process improvement and delivery of strategic change; as well as a proven track record of delivering change and transformation programmes within a shared service centre environment.