Our client is a high growth, high quality, acquisitive Private Equity backed technology business based in the North West, turnover c£25m.
With a program of transformative acquisitions planned over the next 18 months, followed by a corporate transaction (likely to another PE House), the business is seeking a commercially aware Head of Finance to take responsibility for the day-to-day running of Finance and to help the business to achieve its performance objectives.
The business has a highly flexible working culture.
Through incisive commercial acumen and strong leadership skills, the Head of Finance will develop the Finance function into an efficient business partnering service, spreading a culture of commercial awareness throughout both Finance and Operational / Client-facing functions.
Reporting to the CFO, key responsibilities encompass:
- Management: Leading and developing the finance team (currently 5 staff, likely to grow to 10 over the next 18 months);
- Reporting: Development of insightful MI pack and Board report comprising both financial and operational KPIs;
- Processes and Systems: Development / improvement of processes, controls, systems;
- FP&A: Budgeting, forecasting, ensuring cost base is commensurate with planned business performance;
- Business Partnering: Commercial partnering across the business on effective working capital and cashflow management. Key partner to Senior Leadership Team in commercial and strategic decision making;
- Ad hoc projects: including acquisitions;
- Stakeholder Management: Primary contact for auditors and key relationship with banking partners.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified, ideally trained in audit at an accountancy practice with 2+ years’ experience in industry;
- Strong excel and forecasting/modelling skills are essential;
- Strong technical understanding of current reporting standards;
- Outstanding leadership, communication and presentational skills;
- Keen to develop into a Finance Director.
This is a broad value-adding role in a highly rated PE backed growth business. During the course of the next 2 years, you will lead the transformation of Finance into a commercially valued business partnering function, and be involved in a program of acquisitions and an exit transaction; all of which is ideal experience for building a platform from which to step up to a Finance Director role in due course.