Our client is a financially and commercially robust business providing niche technical consultancy services from a number of locations across the UK. The business operates in a sector whose activities are substantially shielded from the impact of Covid-19. Having suffered only limited impact from the lockdown the business expects its strong performance of recent years to continue as the restrictions are eased.
With confidence in its business model, the business is now keen to appoint a talented Head of Finance who will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, bringing commercial business partnering as well as financial control/governance to the finance function’s service to the business.
Reporting to the part-time Finance Director, the role has a broad remit encompassing all aspects of control, reporting and commercial finance support throughout the business. Key responsibilities include:-
- Control: Develop and maintain a robust control and risk management environment driving continuous improvement in business processes.
- Reporting: Provide clear and consistent internal reporting of all financials, KPIs and other key business drivers.
- Business Partnering: Build effective relationships across all functions to provide a platform for delivering excellent commercial business partnering aimed at delivering higher margins and improved working capital management.
- Strategy, Planning and Forecasting: Assist Directors during strategic business planning cycles. Maintenance and development of budgeting and forecasting models
- Culture: Supporting the creation of a high performance culture within the Finance team in order to become a true business partner in both commercial and operational decision making.
- Management: Motivate, develop and manage the performance of the Finance Team.
- ERP System implementation: Actively contribute to the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Stakeholder management: Establish and manage strong working relationships with external parties including the bank, funders, clients and advisors.
This is a key appointment for the business and the selected candidate is intended to make a major impact on the running and performance of the business. Key attributes required include:-
- A commercially astute Chartered Accountant with a combination of strong technical capability and outstanding people and leadership skills.
- Experience of developing, designing and communicating relevant and insightful KPIs based on sound commercial understanding
- Excellent people skills are essential – in terms of communication, influencing and building productive working relationships. Comfortable and insightful in managing change through people
- Experience in working in a multi-site “people” business would be advantageous
- Very IT literate.
This is an outstanding career opportunity to play an influential and critical role in the leadership and development of a thriving and well-positioned professional services business.