Our client is a well-known North West niche property development business. As part of a joint-venture with a blue-chip investor, the Head of Finance position is a pivotal role in the Finance team. The role is wide-ranging and will include both commercial / business partnering and reporting responsibilities:
- Preparation of business plans on a quarterly / annual basis, including insightful commentary;
- Input into cash flow forecasting on weekly / monthly basis to ensure timely shareholder drawdowns;
Investment Decision Making
- Work closely with the Commercial and Development teams to create / maintain / challenge investment appraisals to enable to the Board to review investment opportunities including rate of return, cash requirements, P&L and balance sheet impacts;
- Challenge / scrutinise existing investment appraisals ensuring integration into the business plan;
- Manage the preparation / commentary on quarterly and flash monthly management accounts;
- Co-ordinate preparation and collation of KPI data, including liaising with operational teams;
- Ensure all appropriate financial accounting procedures are in place;
- Provide input to Group reporting team to assist in annual statutory accounts / support in dealing with audit queries;
- Monitor capital expenditure across the portfolio;
- Provide input / manage the financial aspects of the monthly major project reporting process.
- Prepare funding applications including business case and financial projections – including senior debt & development finance requirements;
- Assist the FD with negotiating / agreeing legal documentation supporting funding facilities.
The ideal candidate with be ACA / ACCA trained from a Big 4 or mid-tier firm. You will be either seeking a 2nd move in industry or possibly a first move from practice. The client is looking for first class analytical / commercial skills as well as the personal attributes to be successful in partnering across the business. Exceptional progression opportunities exist in this entrepreneurial and inspiring business.