Our retained client is the largest division in a Global, sector leading Private Equity backed Group which operates in a fast growing and recession-proof segment of the Global Life Sciences market. Following a recent £multi-billion Private Equity transaction the Group is embarking upon an exciting five year strategic plan driven by organic and M&A growth.
The business is now seeking to appoint the key role of Head of Finance (M&A and Special Projects). A senior member of the finance leadership team, the role fulfils a key theme of the strategic plan, being the delivery of rapid expansion through acquisition and strategic business improvement projects. The Head of Finance (M&A and Special Projects) would be expected to deputise for the Divisional Finance Director from time to time.
The role has 3 areas of focus; M&A, strategic projects and providing commercial business partnering to the Divisional and Business Unit leadership teams.
Working closely with a commercially focused Divisional Finance Director, the role’s key responsibilities include:-
- Assess acquisition targets for strategic commercial potential;
- Scope and review due diligence carried out by advisors:
- Develop business plans for target/acquired businesses;
- Support leadership team on deal execution;
- Lead post acquisition integration, working with wider finance team to ensure robust, effective integration;
- Identify and implement strategic business improvement projects across the Division’s 10 Business Units;
- Drive improvements to profitability, working capital management and efficiency throughout the Division through provision of commercial finance partnering to the Finance Director and Business Unit leadership teams.
As well as possessing the following skills and attributes, as there will be a need to deputise for the Finance Director from time to time, candidates will require strong influencing skills and the gravitas to develop relationships with key decision-makers.
- ACA qualified (preferred) / ACCA / ACMA;
- Experience in Transaction Services (either experienced AD or early Director if currently in practice) including working on deals involving manufacturing or product related businesses;
- Experience of leading high performing finance teams (if in practice);
- Experience of working in a senior management team and influencing non-financial managers (if in industry);
- Intelligent, analytical, commercially aware with intellectual curiosity, strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Proactive and self-motivated, advanced Excel skills a necessity;
- Appetite for some international travel and a fast paced entrepreneurial business culture.
This is a real opportunity to progress your career in a pivotal commercially focused role with one of the UK’s leading private businesses at a critical stage of its development. As has been proven in the past, this role is a great ‘bridge’ to a future Finance Director role.