Our client is one of the North West's leading businesses. With international interests as well as regional, the role will report directly into the CFO. An opportunity has arisen for a Group Internal Audit Manager in a wide ranging role to include IT and the approach to reporting to reflect established good practice. The role will develop and formalise internal audit processes and procedures and deliver insightful, quality findings and recommendations to the business and the board, and presenting to the Audit Committee. The role will involve:
- Review and develop an enhanced approach to internal audit, subsequently regularly reviewing to ensure the Group continues to be in line with established good practice (including maintaining up to date technical/other knowledge);
- Develop and deliver a group-wide internal audit programme, focusing on internal control, commercial assurance and risk evaluation;
- Report twice yearly to the Audit Committee;
- Engage with the external auditor as part of their audit planning procedures (scope to develop this in due course to provide direct support to the external audit process);
- Manage resource provided by the Management Accounts Team and/or other resource in respect of certain projects (as appropriate);
- Support the development of, and review/challenge, group-wide risk registers;
- Ad hoc projects to support commercial initiatives, including revenue assurance and contract disputes.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / IIA) with strong academic credentials, preferably with some experience of an ERP system (SAP). You will be a confident communicator at all levels and in a non-finance environment, with the ability to challenge and influence and a commercial mindset. You will possess excellent analytical skills and be solutions focused and have a collaborative approach.