MDM Resourcing’s exclusive client is a dynamic growth business which is expanding both organically and through frequent acquisitions. With operating profits approaching £500m, there is a requirement for a newly created role to report into the Deputy Head of Group Internal Audit in a devolved structure.
Candidates from both practice and industry will be considered.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Group Internal Audit, primary responsibilities include:
- Developing a board understanding of the areas of financial, operational, compliance and market risk affecting the Group and to examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of risk management and internal control;
- To carry out detailed risk reviews at Group subsidiaries including the planning of the audit assignment, engagement with the subsidiary team in reviewing the key risks, processes and controls in the business and agreeing audit findings with subsidiary management.
- To prepare written reports and make clear recommendations to deliver robust and value adding feedback to senior management, presenting reports to the Executive Risk Committee;
- To conduct special investigations and pre and post-acquisition review work as requested by the Chief Executive or Audit Committee;
- To act as an advisor to subsidiary management in respect of the Group’s risk management policies and procedures;
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with at least 2 years’ post qualification experience - either in a top 7 accounting firm or in a fast paced business;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and project management skills to liaise closely with the Group’s head office functions and across business units;
- Strong report writing skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong technical accounting skills.
The successful candidate will be offered international experience and career development opportunities with a view to progressing to a senior finance/operational role after circa 24 months in the internal audit function. The ongoing growth of the business continues to generate excellent career progression potential. This is an outstanding career opportunity which offers high calibre candidates the opportunity and autonomy to exercise their commercial capabilities in a fast paced high growth business.