Our client is a highly profitable, expanding and professionally run Group of businesses operating a range of leading brands. With many years of profitable growth behind it and Group turnover c£75m, the business is in the midst of delivering on strategic plans to double in size over the next 5 years.
A Group Head of Finance is now required to work closely with the Group CEO and Business Unit Finance Directors to further develop and deliver enhanced financial information and control systems to support the Group’s needs and to provide leadership, direction and support to the Group Finance function.
This is a broad role encompassing Group Reporting, FP&A, and working capital management. Key responsibilities include:-
- Financial Reporting: on performance of key departments and subsidiaries. Preparation of consolidated financial statements;
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Co-ordination of Group annual financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes;
- Financial Control: Generate and lead projects to develop and improve Group-wide financial control policies and processes, establishing buy-in from subsidiary management teams;
- Treasury Management: Quarterly cash-flow and rolling 12-month currency forecasts; FX management; Building and managing banking relationships;
- Management: of a Group finance team of 4
- Ad hoc projects as required
The role requires a person who is happy to get involved in the detail and who can communicate with staff at all levels across the Group. The business is happy to offer flexible working.
- An experienced and technically strong qualified accountant with experience of financial management of a privately owned Group of some size and complexity;
- Experience in a business with international dimensions and multi-site would both be advantageous (but not essential);
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable using ERP systems and various types of financial software / strong on Excel;
- Excellent leadership, communication and relationship building skills are essential in order to build productive relationships with subsidiary management teams (and others). Capable of providing challenge and support as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in the ongoing growth of one of the North West’s leading privately owned businesses.