Our client is one of the leading businesses in Liverpool, a high profile, acquisitive and highly profitable Group with turnover c£450m. The business has a track record of 10% compound annual EBITDA growth reaching back over many years. The business now requires a bright and motivated ACA or ACCA, seeking to develop their future career in industry.
The role’s purpose is to provide robust statutory reporting and commercially focused investor reporting as well as to enhance the internal control environment through best practice initiatives.
The role is a natural first step out of professional practice on the road to becoming a Financial Controller in the medium term. Reporting to the Group Financial Reporting Manager, specific responsibilities include:-
- Plan, coordinate and project manage the year-end close process;
- Prepare annual statutory accounts (FRS102) for the Group and subsidiary companies;
- Prepare annual and half year debt investor reporting materials, including financial reports, presentations and covenants reporting;
- Development and review of the group consolidation;
- Manage the day to day requirements for external auditors, acting as the first point of contact for any enquiries;
- Assist with financial and commercial initiatives, including acquisitions, working directly with senior colleagues including the Group CFO.
Potentially suitable candidates will be ACA or ACCA qualified, technically strong and possessing excellent communication skills. Candidates will be self motivated and keen to progress upwards in the business through a career development programme.