MDM Resourcing are carrying out a retained search for a Group Financial Controller for an acquisitive, c£100m market cap AIM Listed Group, based in Cheshire. Operating in large, stable, essential sectors, the Group has 3 autonomous divisions and Group turnover c£700m.
A technically capable and commercially astute Group Financial Controller is now required to join the business as a key member of the finance leadership team along with the Group Finance Director and Divisional Finance Directors, presenting a career opportunity to play an influential role in the financial leadership of an expanding AIM listed Group of significant scale.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director and also working closely with the Group CEO, key responsibilities include:-
- Support the plc board in commercial decision making through the analysis of financial and non-financial information. Heavy involvement with the Group Executive team in respect of strategic projects including strategic planning, corporate activity, funding/refinancing, ESG;
- Manage the preparation of key external reporting requirements to strict deadlines including half-year and year-end accounts, city presentations and supporting analysis. Responsible for producing the Group’s annual report drafting financial statements and notes to the accounts;
- Attend audit committee meetings and preparation of information for all board meetings;
- Management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis with short to long term planning at Group level;
- Build strong relationships with divisional finance teams and other key members of business unit finance teams. Act as a sounding board and centre of technical excellence to support the divisional finance team.
- Technically capable qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA)
- Experienced in either a Group Finance role or Divisional FC role; or a Director from Big 4 or Mid-Tier looking to make a first move into industry;
- Excellent communication skills, confident presenting to senior internal and external stakeholders, providing technical and commercial support, comfortable challenging senior leaders of the business;
- The ideal candidate will have the gravitas for potential progression to Group FD;
- Strong controls mindset and background and an ability to identify and commercially assess risk;
- Ideally has experience in managing a team, PLC, IFRS and acquisition accounting.
This is an excellent career opportunity to play an integral role in the leadership of a fascinating and expanding AIM listed Group, and succession planning to Group FD.