Our client is a high growth business services group with an expanding blue chip client base and current turnover c£15m per annum. With robust profit margins and led by a driven and well-incentivised management team the business is implementing a strategic growth plan aimed at achieving £50m turnover over the next 4 years. Current organic growth rate is around 50% per annum.
A commercially focused and hands on Group Finance Director is now required to join the Executive team to work as a commercial business partner to the Group CEO and the leadership teams of its 3 divisions in ensuring that top line growth is firmly connected to solid profit margins and robust working capital management.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the role’s key responsibilities encompass the following:-
- Strategy: Work closely with the Group CEO/Chairman in the development of a suitable business strategy for the Group overall and for each division within the Group;
- Risk management: Identify and evaluate key business risks to cashflow and performance for the Group and create mitigation plans for identified risks;
- Financial control and reporting: Ensure that Finance systems, controls and processes are robust and fit for both the current and planned scale of the Group; Define suitable operational and financial KPIs and develop a value adding MI pack; Maintain rigorous control over cashflow and overall working capital management throughout all divisions;
- Commercial Business Partnering: Provide commercially focused support and challenge to the Group CEO/Chairman and Divisional leaders; Challenge operational functions identifying areas where cost savings and efficiency improvements can be made; Provide support and challenge to the contract bid process with particular attention to pricing and profit margin;
- Acquisitions/projects: Explore funding options for growth and acquisitions; Valuation and due diligence on acquisition opportunities; Appraise and manage ad hoc projects
- Other: Optimise tax matters in conjunction with tax advisors; Build / manage key external relationships including auditors, bankers, insurers, pension advisors, tax advisors and lawyers.
- A qualified accountant with experience at Finance Director level in developing and delivering business strategy and performance improvement;
- A confident and pragmatic character with gravitas and excellent communication skills who makes decisions and gets things done;
- Able to provide commercially driven constructive challenge and support to the leadership team and other business managers while maintaining effective and productive working relationships; Credibility with external stakeholders;
- An innovative thinker, with astute commercial judgement, the ability to think outside the box and contribute effectively to the bigger picture while keeping hands on the detail;
- A person who enjoys taking ownership and works to high personal standards of care.
A genuinely exciting and well-rewarded opportunity to play a key role in partnering the CEO in scaling up a business whose growth has real momentum