Our client is a fast paced, acquisitive, Private Equity backed international business services Group with in excess of 50 offices worldwide. A market leader in its sector globally, the business is developing rapidly and this is an exciting time to join the finance team as it drives expands its range of services through strategic acquisitions.
The Group Accountant role is broad and engages with business units across the globe. The role will build upon and draw from the experience you have gained while in practice. Key responsibilities include the following:-
- Preparation of workings to deliver the Group consolidation process including disclosure notes (prepared under IFRS)
- Managing the process of drafting subsidiary financial statements under FRS102
- Providing technical accounting support to the team
- Key contact for the year-end audit
- Develop and improve the Statutory reporting environment, identifying quality and efficiency improvements
- Perform monthly reviews of statutory information for all trading entities across the Group (such as fixed assets and bad debt provision)
- Perform reconciliations and checks on the consolidated Group balance sheet
- Produce analysis for specific areas of the monthly board pack and provide responses to follow up questions from senior stakeholders
- Assist in managing the Group’s budget process
- Preparation of monthly foreign currency gains / losses analysis on intercompany loans
- Assist in completing ad-hoc reporting analysis requests made by senior stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and improvement of financial processes and procedures
- Provide assistance for technical accounting issues in the budgeting process
This role is suitable for a qualified ACA/ACCA with statutory accounts experience, ideally up to 2 years' PQE. The role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to continue to develop their career to the next level. The key skills and experience required for this role are:
- Practice background or industry experience of IFRS/ FRS 102 statutory accounts preparation from source information, with knowledge of key disclosures within a set of financial statements.
- Strong Excel skills
- A well organised, efficient and committed individual.
- Proven ability to pick up new areas of work quickly and ability to self-motivate.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to interact at all levels across a global organisation.
- Pro-active with a “can do” attitude to tasks and issues that arise.