Our client is one of the North West’s Premiership Football Clubs.
The business has a requirement for a commercial individual who will be deeply involved with the business, particularly its financial planning, significant bids, M&A support and helping to ensure that finance functions as a business partner to the operational teams. The outputs of this role will be highly visible, informing the Executive team and Board in areas that are key to the achievement of business strategy
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will partner multiple internal business functions including Finance, Commercial and a multitude of budget owners. The role will have a high profile with regular interaction at the most senior level of the business.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing day to day support to the senior finance team focusing on project analysis, financial forecasting & modelling, project evaluation, and process improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- managing the design, build and ownership of robust financial models to support corporate strategic planning, the impact of strategic projects and forecasting across the business groups;
- preparing high quality, timely CFO Board papers, Board documents, and supporting analysis;
- providing insight in respect of financial performance to support executive decision making and articulation of performance for use by Group and Club Leadership Teams;
- utilising financial analysis, modelling and external insights to identify areas to improve, clearly present business performance, challenge viability of plans/forecasts and present insights to enable timely intervention; and
- proactively develop a suite of Reporting information to filter/distil and therefore provide appropriate recommendations, with constant continuous improvement to build enterprise value.
Key attributes required:-
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent);
- Commercially astute, highly analytical, numerate with a keen attention to detail;
- Has held a previous Commercial Finance oriented role, and/or may have a background in Corporate Finance/Due Diligence;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, outstanding communication and presentation skills and can use these skills to communicate with all levels of business operations and leadership;
- Proactive in looking for opportunities to drive improvements;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with capability to interpret data and drive conclusions and recommendations.