Our client is an established and growing technology business (c£10m turnover) based in Greater Manchester. Having recently completed a new investment via a secondary PE buyout a Financial Controller is now required to lead finance and partner the senior leadership team as the business embarks upon its next phase of growth with renewed investment. Candidates are ideally should be available to start within the next month or so.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is wide-ranging and hands on and will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with analysis of the key metrics;
- Preparation of annual statutory reporting in line with FRS 102 and group reporting requirements for investors;
- Provide insight and support to the senior leadership team to support commercial decision making;
- Liaise with auditors and manage the year end process;
- Manage the production of the monthly financial pack and provide key business support to the CFO and the rest of the Executive team;
- Working alongside the CFO on the annual budgeting exercise, liaising closely with the business as required and maintaining key controls, ensuring they meet the changing needs of the business and that financial risk management is effective.
The scope and level of autonomy is expected to increase as the business grows and you play a key role in the exit process from the current PE house in the next few years.
Candidates will be qualified, ideally with experience of using SAGE (or other similar package), be self-confident and assured in dealing with non-financial staff including senior leadership team, together with excellent presentation and reasoning skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop their Finance leadership experience in a fast growing tech business.