Our client is a substantial, active and long established real estate investment fund which has a number of significant property developments active at any one time.
A Financial Controller is now required to take responsibility for project cost control, financial reporting and forecasting as well as the financial management of the Group’s external property fund management service.
Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, this is a key role in the Group. Responsibilities include:-
- Provide financial oversight and challenge to a range of ongoing development projects;
- Liaise closely with quantity surveyors and project managers on each development to maintain close understanding and control of costs incurred and to complete;
- Provide ongoing review and assessment of forecast profit margins;
- Carry out investigation into cost variances and work with QS and project managers to provide explanations and corrective plans where possible;
- Oversight of year-end financial reporting;
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements;
- Oversight of monthly management accounts, preparation of quarterly cash flow statement and treasury management;
- Oversight of covenant compliance reporting to lenders;
- Ensure all companies comply with current company legislation and submission of documentation as required.
Required experience and skills are as follows:-
- Qualified accountant with prior project accounting experience - perhaps in a construction, property/real estate or engineering business;
- Strong communication and presentational skills;
- A character with commercial acumen and a healthy curiosity who naturally challenges the status quo;
- Ability to understand and simplify complex financial information.
With excellent potential for the role to develop and grow, this is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and active Real Estate fund management group.