Our client is a large, high growth, acquisitive, PE backed technology and business services Group with operations in 15 countries. Innovative, fast paced and tech driven, the business is looking to appoint a technically strong Financial Controller to lead the Financial Reporting and Control team for its core operating division.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting, the role leads a team of 8 in total via 3 direct reports. Key responsibilities include:-
- Financial Control: Developing and implementing a regime of robust financial controls and procedures, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business and mitigation of risk;
- Management Reporting: Preparation and review of timely, insightful reporting and management information.
- Cashflow Management: Weekly and monthly cash flow reporting and forecasting;
- Statutory Accounts: Assisting with the production of year-end statutory financial statements;
- Audit: Taking a lead role in the year-end statutory audit process;
- Tax: Working closely with Taxation and Compliance teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of statutory filings;
- Leadership: Management and development of the team, which currently consists of 8 staff members including trainee accountants and 3 direct reports;
- System development: Playing a major role in design and implementation of new finance system.
- A technically strong ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with prior experience in industry;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- The ability to lead, coach and motivate a finance team in a fast-growing business environment.
This is an excellent career development opportunity to take on a broad and pivotal role supporting the controlled growth of this exciting and market leading business.