Our client is a market leading HighTech precision manufacturing export business based in Cheshire. Ongoing expansion and internal promotion have created the need for a strong and commercially astute Financial Controller to join the business. The role is open to candidates either making a move within industry or a first move from practice. The company has a positive approach to flexible working so is open to considering applicants for whom this would be beneficial.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this is a broad and visible role encompassing engagement and influence across all operational business functions. Key responsibilities include:-
- Controls and processes: Ensure robust business processes are in place and drive out unnecessary complexity;
- Reporting: Driving ongoing improvement in the quality of commercial and operational insight provided by monthly management information;
- Working capital management: Developing deeper understanding of the cash life cycle of contracts and product streams, and ensuring efficient procedures around stock;
- Business partnering to key functional heads, developing finance into an integral part of key business decision making; Working with technical product leads to develop commercial insight, assisting with bids and pricing models, controlling costs and improving margins;
- Culture development: Managing the core finance team (with prospects to transition over and grow the financial transaction team) and supporting the development of a high performance culture.
- Qualified accountant, currently in either practice or industry, with experience of working on or with “product” businesses (ie those that hold physical stock);
- Familiarity with Contract Work in Progress would be useful but not essential;
- Commercial acumen complemented by suitably strong communication skills;
- Process driven – an individual who approaches problem solving through underlying process analysis rather than looking at symptoms;
- Very strong technical and analytical skills, adaptable, tenacious, embraces change, fast learner;
- IT literate – strong Excel skills, possibly familiar with Business Intelligence platforms;
- Thrives on delivering outstanding customer service.
With the opportunity to play a key role in business decision making in this high performance business, this role is an excellent proposition for any business minded and ambitious accountant.