Our client is a large, growing and highly profitable and cash-generative (even in the current crazy environment!) Private Equity backed technology business based in Manchester.
A Finance Manager is now required to manage the Group’s Purchase-To-Pay and Order-To-Cash processes and the control environments in which these processes operate, including the purchase and sales ledgers. Ensuring prompt sales invoicing, debt management, supplier management and compliance with working capital and vendor management policies.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, key responsibilities include:-
- Ownership of the Group’s sales ledger control account and accounts receivable. Processing sales orders received from the media team, ensuring sales invoices are raised to customers on a timely basis;
- Reconciling payments from customers to remittance advice and sales ledger control account. Responsible for cashbook journal entries and monthly bank reconciliations;
- Sending statements to customers detailing outstanding balances and managing payments and debt. Monitoring overdue balances and escalating issues to line manager and the media team promptly;
- Responding to ad-hoc queries and requests for information and analysis from customers and colleagues as required;
- Ownership of the Group’s purchase ledger control account and accounts payable
- Complete payments and control expenses by managing how the business areas receive, process, verify, and reconcile purchase orders and invoices;
- Pay suppliers in accordance with Group working capital policy;
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions;
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- A diligent and organised qualified accountant or demonstrably qualified by experience, who works to high personal standards;
- Strong competence in Purchase-To-Pay and Order-To-Cash control environments;
- Experience in FinancialForce or equivalent sales order and purchase order modules.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in the finance function of an expanding, successful and robust business