Our client is one of the North West’s most successful businesses with a track record of profitable year on year growth stretching back many years.
The General Ledger team are responsible for reconciling and maintaining certain allocated General ledger accounts across all allocated legal entities / strategic areas for supporting the management accounts team in the preparation and analysis of monthly management and year end statutory accounts. Managing a team of 5 junior accountants, you will look to take on more senior finance responsibilities to provide cover for other functions from time to time. The role will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing standard procedures and templates for use by the General Ledger team;
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset registers, journals etc as prepared by the General Ledger Accounts Team;
- Trial balance analytical review to identify areas which require further investigation;
- Assessing and implementing appropriate technologies to manage and improve the month end close;
- Providing external audit support where necessary;
- Identifying and implementing process improvements and opportunities to realise efficiencies and reduce costs;
- Provide support and cover to more senior finance roles as defined by Head of Finance;
- Mentoring and coaching junior accountants;
- Identifying necessary changes to accounting policies and working with the statutory accountants to implement;
You will ideally be ACA or ACCA qualified with some experience of managing junior / part qualified accountants, and be proficient in Excel and Powerpoint. You will have excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation, have the ability to work to tight deadlines and the ability to motivate others. Excellent progression prospects across the finance function.