Our retained client is a growing £15m turnover niche B2B tech business. With a compound annual growth rate around 20% over the last 5+ years and 300+ staff, the business is highly profitable.
With a possible exit transaction in the next 2 years, the business is now seeking a strategic and commercially focused Finance Director, who must have corporate transaction experience, to help to prepare it for sale, possibly to Private Equity. In addition to exit preparation, the role will lead the financial management of the business, building the finance function into a commercially aware, value-adding service to the business.
The package will include a highly remunerative transaction bonus.
- Qualified accountant and experienced Finance Director with experience in entrepreneurial / SME businesses;
- Experience of the M&A/due diligence process – ideally including involvement in an exit transaction;
- Commercially astute, able to see the bigger picture but with hands on the detail;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, able to support a variety of stakeholders, including business owners, leadership team and external advisors;
- Able to integrate finance more closely into the business and thereby build finance into a value adding business function.
This is a critically important appointment for the business as it builds towards its planned exit.