Our retained client is an SME size Private Equity backed technology business operating a robust and highly successful subscription based business model. Following recent Private Equity investment the business’s talented leadership team is setting about delivering upon their strategic growth plan and would like to bring in a hands on Finance Director to support them and take charge of all aspects of the financial management of the business.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a particularly hands on role which would suit a candidate making a first step up to Finance Director or an experienced Finance Director in a similar business. Key responsibilities include:-
- All aspects of the financial management, control, business processes and forecasting for the business;
- Ownership of the financial model and development of management information for the board pack to the standard and depth required by both the business and its private equity investors;
- Providing commercial finance partnering to the sales and operations teams including reviewing legal contracts prior to signature;
- Assessing the requirements for a system upgrade to ensure that finance systems are fit for the planned scale of the business;
- Management of key relationships with external (PE) investors, banks, auditors, insurers;
- Payroll and certain aspects of HR.
- A qualified accountant with experience of working in a private equity backed business seeking a first time step up to Finance Director role;
- Keen to take ownership, comfortable working in the detail as well as working on the bigger strategic picture;
- A commercially astute and analytical individual, with excellent communication and relationship building skills and credibility at Board level;
- Experience of working with a SaaS business or other business with subscription based revenues (preferred but not essential).
This is an excellent opportunity to play a core role in the growth and strategy for a Private Equity backed business through to eventual exit.