MDM Resourcing’s exclusive client is a dynamic growth business which is expanding both organically and through frequent acquisitions. With EBITDA approaching £50m, there is a requirement for a commercially astute Finance Business Partner to provide value-adding commercial finance support and challenge to the sales and leadership team of one of their rapidly growing business units, with the objective of maximising financial performance.
Candidates from both practice and industry will be considered
The role requires a combination of astute business acumen and strong technical skills as well as excellent relationship building and communication skills.
Partnering the Divisional Managing Director, primary responsibilities include:
- Full ownership of the Divisional P&L; supporting the Managing Director and his senior leadership team to drive commercial performance;
- Provision of high quality and timely strategic, operational and financial support and challenge through provision of detailed performance insight;
- Proactively identify and implement margin and cost control opportunities throughout the business;
- Delivery of weekly KPIs and monthly management accounts;
- Support the annual 3 year strategic business planning process, budgeting and forecasting activities;
- Provide business support to contract negotiations ensuring that contract proposals are commercially robust;
- Work with Central Finance team to ensure that working capital levels are optimised.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with at least 2 years’ post qualification experience - either in a top 7 accounting firm or in a fast-paced business;
- A natural commercial inclination ie to sense check the business rationale in any decision;
- A commercially astute, dynamic, results driven individual possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to build productive relationships with key non-finance personnel whilst providing the requisite level of commercial challenge;
- Strong technical accounting skills.
This is an outstanding career opportunity which offers high calibre candidates the opportunity and autonomy to exercise their commercial capabilities in a fast-paced high growth business. The ongoing growth of the business continues to generate excellent career progression potential.