Our client is one of the North West’s most successful entrepreneur-led, private equity backed Groups and the market leader in its sector. Through a strategy of robust organic growth and, more recently, a focused and active acquisition strategy the business has doubled in size over the last 5 years to turnover in excess of £2.5bn per annum and EBITDA heading towards £100m.
The business has successfully extended its services into 2 new sectors through recent strategic acquisitions. The business plan is now seeking to substantially raise the scope and scale of its M&A strategy over the next 5 years with much larger scale acquisitions in multiple countries and wishes to appoint a Corporate Development Director to join the executive team to drive implementation of this plan.
Working closely with the CEO and the executive team, key responsibilities encompass:
- Strategy: Assist the board in shaping the Group’s overall strategy for growth and diversification and in formulating the Group’s international M&A strategy and take ownership for its execution;
- Mapping: maintain a list of potential targets in relevant sectors and identify potential new markets which would benefit the Group;
- Pipeline: manage and regularly report on the full M&A pipeline and actively manage a network of contacts to maintain momentum in identifying new targets;
- Execution: project manage transactions from initial contact through to completion including negotiation of terms, modelling returns, preparation of integration plans, presenting board papers setting out the strategic rationale, risks and expected returns.
- Post Acquisition: Coordinate a 100 day plan for each acquisition and actively manage the plan post completion; carry out formal in depth post deal reviews at 6 and 12 month intervals.
- Exit Planning: Support preparation for a full or partial exit transaction.
- Finance or MBA qualification with 10+ years post qualification experience;
- 5+ years of experience in M&A work (ideally international), within either a high growth corporate, advisory firm or investment company;
- Strong communication, inter-personal and leadership skills;
- Openness to change and ability to operate in new environments (new geographies, industries etc);
- Ability to multi-task and cope with sudden peaks in workload;
- Flexibility to travel internationally at short notice.
This is a rare opportunity for a talented M&A professional to play a pivotal role in the continuing development of a high profile, high growth international Private Equity backed business.