A North West based commercial property investment group with a large portfolio across the North of England is seeking a hands on Company Accountant (Number 1 in finance) to manage the day to day financial management of the business due to the approaching retirement of the incumbent.
Working closely with the owner/directors in a small team, the role is broad and has an impact on almost every aspect of the Group’s finances and operations. Managing an Assistant Accountant this hands on role encompasses the following:
- Financial Control and Reporting including service charge accounting and balance reconciliations;
- Budgeting and forecasting including rolling 3 year cashflow forecast;
- Tax – VAT returns, corporation tax and PAYE;
- External financing covenant reporting and compliance;
- Ledger management – overseeing purchase and sales ledgers and credit control;
- Maintain property management database;
- Company Secretarial.
The role requires a capable all round accountant who is happy to be both hands on as well as work with the Directors on more strategic matters. Previous experience in a property investment business is not essential (but would be useful).
- Well organised and diligent qualified accountant or experienced part-qualified accountant;
- Detail oriented, proactive, thorough, well organised;
- Personable, open communicator, good with people.
A great opportunity to join a long established and very well run business with an excellent work life balance