Our client is a rapidly growing, acquisitive private equity backed leisure business B2C. Due to continued growth, the business is looking to recruit an exceptional candidate into their Commercial team.
- A highly analytical role to provide support on new, business improvement initiatives, margin improvement project;
- Identification of future opportunities through robust and insightful analysis;
- Influence key stakeholders and generate change in the business, to drive future margin growth.
- Assist in the delivery of business improvement projects;
- Use financial, commercial and technical experience to produce robust, accurate, commercial analysis;
- Work closely with our Business Information team, on large and complex data sets;
- Work alongside the business to improve core processes so performance and profitability drivers can be embedded into our business;
- Clearly articulate the commercial benefits of new initiatives;
- Identify controls and guardrails to manage risks associated with new projects;
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to with and influence a wide variety of people across the business;
- Comfortable with change management, and challenging the status quo.
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACMA / ACCA), or highly financially literate (data modelling, consulting, analyst);
- Excellent excel skills, particularly in dealing with large data sets;
- Ability to run SQL queries on databases would be useful but not essential;
- Self-motivated and proactive: the ability to seek, identify and progress initiatives and ideas;
- High degree of emotional intelligence;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: the ability to communicate with people across the business, not just finance;
- Organised, an efficient and effective planner who can prioritise and manage multiple work streams;
- Experience with business change/efficiency/improvement programmes;
- Strong influencing skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to move into a fast paced, dynamic PE backed business with an exit likely in the next 12 – 18 months which will provide an excellent platform for a commercially focused accountant.