Our client is a substantial, profitable AIM listed technology business whose turnover is growing at c40% per annum. With offices across Europe, Australasia and North America, the Group boasts a customer base comprising many of the world’s leading Blue Chip retailers and brands.
With strong profit growth and highly cash generative, a new role is being created which is seen as pivotal to driving achievement of the Group’s performance targets.
Based in Salford Quays, the business has a fun and lively work culture and a wholly relaxed approach to flexible working. You can literally shape your own flexible working pattern.
The Business Planning and Performance Manager role is a commercially focused role whose purpose is to provide non-finance functions with greater insight into business performance thereby driving value through enhancing the business’s ability to make quicker and better informed commercial decisions.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, key deliverables in the role include developing enhanced business management information and, through partnering with the relevant functions, fostering a culture of commercial awareness throughout the business. Specific responsibilities include:
- Selecting and overseeing implementation of a business reporting tool that enables greater insight;
- Development of financial KPIs and key growth performance measures;
- Reviewing processes to understand where AI can be used to drive further efficiency;
- Building productive business partnering relationships with non-finance functions to drive enhanced decision making;
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts across all functions;
- Supporting the Financial Controller in preparation of the PLC Board pack;
- Assisting with analytics for M&A.
The business is a real team effort and is centred around the values of Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Passion, Teamwork and Kindness and they recruit with these values in mind.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- ACA, ACCA or ACMA qualified with a number of years of post-qualification experience;
- Your experience will encompass some of the following (you don’t need all)
- Financial or Management Reporting
- Business Partnering / Financial Planning and Analysis
- Implementation of business intelligence package
- You’ll be passionate and enthusiastic about what you do, a great communicator and relationship builder;
- Commercially astute, you will have an eye for identifying the critical drivers of profit and cash and being able to create insightful data around these drivers.
This is an absolutely excellent opportunity to play a key commercially focused role in a fast paced international tech business with a fun and flexible working culture.