Our client is an expanding and highly profitable $150m turnover multi-site Global leader in its niche sector. Head-quartered in Manchester, the business services customers in more than 100 countries. Through targeted acquisitions and organic growth the business is driving considerable expansion, so now is an exciting time for a high calibre ACA or ACCA to join the business.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the role is broad with responsibilities encompassing:-
- Monthly Management Information: monthly reporting for both Group (consolidated) and individual company;
- General: Monthly analysis of costs and trends; VAT returns; improvement of internal controls; intercompany reconciliations; submissions of financial reports to parent company; use of ERP system.
- Audit/Statutory Accounts: preparation of annual consolidation; assist with preparation of annual Stat accounts for group and subsidiaries; Assist FC with the annual audit process.
- Tax: Assist FC with tax compliance and tax planning in various jurisdictions in conjunction with tax advisors
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA (Big4 or mid-tier trained) making first move from practice;
- Previous experience of preparing or reviewing group consolidated financial information preferred, ideally in a multi-location / global business;
- IT literate;
- Ability to work with multiple sources of information in a large number of foreign currencies;
- A strong team player, with excellent communication written and verbal skills;
- Ability to work accurately at a detailed level whilst being able to ‘cut through the detail’ and apply a commercial view where appropriate.