Salary: Up to £45k + 10% bonus + Pension
Our client is a highly profitable and growing niche pharmaceutical business. A new role is being created whose purpose is to support the business in making improved decisions which will impact upon both profitability, cost management and cash management / generation.
Reporting to the Head of Finance (an ex Big4 ACA), key responsibilities include:-
- Preparing quarterly budgets
- Weekly rolling 3 month cashflow forecast
- Analysis of reporting on monthly management accounts (prepared centrally)
- Preparation of monthly Board report
- Analysis of cost base and investigation of variances
- Analysis of profitability by product and investigation of variances
- Weekly cash management call with Group
- Working with Heads of Departments to help them understand their P&L account / cost base to drive decision making on optimisation of costs and margins
- Evaluation of potential new business
- Ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified from (ideally) a Big4 or mid-tier firm.
This is an excellent opportunity for you if you are seeking to make a first move into industry via a commercially focused (rather than a reporting) role. These commercial roles that require candidates making a first move from practice don’t come up that often.